Venture Home Share Network
An opportunity to live within the community
The Venture Home Share Network offers alternatives to staffed residential homes by providing individuals an opportunity to live within their community with non related families. Support options consist of one of the following:
Family Care Model:
Adults live with a family whether by occupying a bedroom and sharing communal space or by living in a self-contained suite within the family home.
Modified Family Care:
Adults that have their own apartment or home and Venture Home Share Network move a family or roommate into the individuals place. Alternatively, the adult lives next door in an apartment or suite and the family assists in the development of the individual's independent living skills.
Venture Home Share Network contracts families (including single persons or couples) that are interested in welcoming an individual into their home. It will be the responsibility of the Venture Home Share Provider to create an environment that allows for a healthy and balanced life.
The Venture Home Share Provider will be required to (but not limited to):
• Support an individual to develop and maintain a network of family and friends
• Find and participate in meaningful activities within the community
• Support the individual to achieve the fullest possible independence both in the home and community
• Be an active supporter where all people are accepted and respected
Entrance Criteria for the Home Share Network
• Adults - age 18 and over
• Individuals who seek a family model of support for their residential placement
• Meets eligibility criteria of funding referral source (CLBC or individual)
• Based on intake assessment, the individual's well being will be improved by participating in the service, support or program
• The program is suitable and capable of meeting the individual's needs
• Home Share services is the most appropriate service available
• The urgency of the need of the person may also be considered
• Formally diagnosed with a developmental disability (exceptions may be made in certain circumstances)
Criteria for Venture Home Share Providers
• Minimum age of 19 years of age
• First Aid Training
• CPR training
• Satisfactory home study
• Satisfactory background check
• Three references
• Training and/or previous experience in community living or a related field
• Physician's certification of good health
• Signed declaration of confidentiality
• Signed release
• Valid driver's license (class 4 desired)
Living, Working and Sharing Communities that Care.
Venture Home Share Providers provide long term placement wherever possible and share in the same philosophy and vision of the host agency.
Venture Home Share Providers are independent contractors and are responsible for the day to day care of an individual placed with them.
Venture Home Share Providers adhere to the host agencies values, policies and procedures, and service outcomes.
Persons interested in providing Home Share services can contact the Venture Home Share Network Co-ordinator at 250-503-1108.
Please submit your resume and current credentials along with a completed Family Profile, VDACL HS Compatibility Form and a signed Authorization for Reference Checks.
Please also take a moment to read the Letter of Introduction to Home Share to assist you in all other credentials required to get you started as a Home Share Provider.
For further details on our Venture homeshare program please contact the homeshare co-ordinator at email@example.com
|Download the homeshare brochure:|